Military History/Civilian transportation to Hawaii during/after WW2

Hello, Colonel Lynn:

I have recently read that, because of the martial law imposed on the islands in WW2, civilians were not permitted to travel to Hawaii; specifically, they were not allowed to visit the servicemen stationed there.  Is this true?  If so, when was this ban lifted?  If it's not true, could civilians come and go as they pleased?  Or would they have to submit to some kind of governmental interview/form/etc. to determine the civilians were not fifth columnists, etc.?

Thank you,

Janet Hessert

Dear Ms. Hessert,
         Martial law was declared in 1941 and continued up to 1944. The military froze wages, set working hours, regulated bars and restaurants, instituted curfews, declared blackouts, censored the press, and controlled all rental prices. Civilians could come and go as they please but they all knew what was expected of them while under martial law. May God Bless-Colonel Robert A. Lynn, Florida Guard  

Military History

LTC Robert A. Lynn, Florida Guard

I can answer both specific and general military history questions from ancient times to the present. I also provide references and footnotes where I obtained the answers from.