Military History/Marine Corps Button

I have old US Marine Corps button made by D. Evans of Attleboro, MA.  The button is 7/8-inch diameter.  The stars over the eagle are 5 pointed stars.  It appears to be bronze colored.  The "anchor" resembles the anchor civil war button.

I was told it is a "blackened" Civil War button.   However, I though all Civil War buttons were brass/gilted.

Can you help me figure this out?  Or can you point me to a Marine Corps uniform expert??

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Bob Kilroy (USMC 1972 - 1976)

Being a blackened button tells me that it is more than likely a WWI vintage but D Evans made buttons from pre civil war all the way through WWII. The best way to get a positive ID on it is to get me a picture of the front and the back and I can give you the EXACT date.

Military History

Michael O'Reagan

I can Identify unit insignia, patches, pins, medals, weapons and accessories from US and other countries and eras to Revolutionary War to current.

I have been a military dealer and appraiser for 15 years in Massachusetts.

Self studied novice in all areas of history, firearms, foreign language. Professional Fire Fighter

none but I pat myself on the back quite frequently.

All clients are confidential although I work with many antique dealers across the country, have an established eBay business for 15 years, participate in militaria shows from Louisville to Maine.