Military History/Marine Corps Button

Question
I have old US Marine Corps button made by D. Evans of Attleboro, MA.  The button is 7/8-inch diameter.  The stars over the eagle are 5 pointed stars.  It appears to be bronze colored.  The "anchor" resembles the anchor civil war button.

I was told it is a "blackened" Civil War button.   However, I though all Civil War buttons were brass/gilted.

Can you help me figure this out?  Or can you point me to a Marine Corps uniform expert??

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Bob Kilroy (USMC 1972 - 1976)

Answer
Being a blackened button tells me that it is more than likely a WWI vintage but D Evans made buttons from pre civil war all the way through WWII. The best way to get a positive ID on it is to get me a picture of the front and the back and I can give you the EXACT date.

Military History

Michael O'Reagan