Military History/Military footlocker

I have a military footlocker purchased in upstate NY. It appears to be a USMC issue footlocker. The officer's name and rank are on the lid. At the bottom are several wood strips; evidently to protect upon sliding. The hardware is unusually ornate and not typical of US Army footlockers. I would like to share some photos I've taken. My ultimate goal is to replace the lock cylinder that is missing. Thank you.

Yes, the officer was in the USMC Reserve.  Couldn't tell much from the lock photo, I haven't seen one like it before.

I WWII the lockers were wooden and composed of plywood.  The enlisted men rarely had footlockers once deployed, the Marines relied of seabags, as they were part of the navy.  Officers did get lockers.  The metal reinforced lockers with the corner reinforcements leather handles and locking latches were probably officer lockers.  I have one from the Korean era with metal handles rather than leather, and it has a pad lock hasp, rather than a round key lock like the WWII boxes did.  

Military History

Keith H. Patton

I can answer questions pertaining to weapons and tactics, personalities, battles, and strategies in european and U.S. history.

I was a history major, and had done extensive research in the subject area. I have designed and tested numerous computer games for various
historical periods.

B.A History M.S. Science
I have had the opportunity to live abroad and walk numerous battlefields both in the United States, Europe, and the Pacific.