Military History/SS Westminster Victory

Question
I received a large amount of correspondence on the ship from College Park.  The ship made I voyage in pacific, then 9 voyages in the atlantic, then three in pacific until sold to a Belgian Company 3/5/47.  Capt John Ellingsen died at sea on 2/15/36 on the way to Le Harve.  The lady you wrote to on 1/17 had a picture of Ellingsen buried at sea.  Could you ask her how he died. she must have the picture.  Will send you my story when finished.  Bad accident aboard ship in November 1945 and 2 soldiers were killed, 16 injured.

Mark gleeson

Answer
Dear Mr. Gleeson,
       Good to have a question from you again.  In it you typed "I received a large amount.......from College Park" Maryland.  WONDERFUL!  The staff at the College Park, Maryland are superb.
       In your question you typed "The ship made one voyage in pacific, then 9 voyages in the atlantic, then three in the pacific".  Would you be so kind as to share with me the FACTS as per the departure date, departure location, arrival date & arrival location for each of these voyages?  Please send the FACTS to the mailing address at the end of this reply.
       In your question you typed "The lady you wrote to on 1/17 had a picture of Ellingson buried at sea.  Could you ask he how he died"?  Sorry, I had no direct contact with the "lady".  I suggest you contact the AllExpert Business Office to see if they can put you in direct contact with the "lady".
       In your question you typed "Will send you my story when finished."  Thank you, that is most kind of you to do so.  Please send to the mailing address at the end of this reply.
       Good Luck with your quest.

Sincerely,
   Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections
     2011 Richard Jones Road
      Apt.      E 26
       Nashville   TN   37215-2837

Military History

Richard V. Horrell