Military History/Troop Ship My Father Was On

Question
My father departed the European theatre on March 28, 1946 and arrived in the U.S. on September 15, 1946.  Prior to that voyage, he departed the U.S. on March 8, 1946 and arrived in the European theatre on March 23, 1946.  Can you tell me which ships he travelled on?  I would be most grateful.  My father's army serial number was 44 161 283.  He was discharged on November 29, 1946.  Thank you for your help!  Rev. Tom

Answer
Dear Padre,
       Thank you for your question.  In it you typed "Prior to that voyage, he departed the U.S. on March 8, 1946 and arrived in the European theatre on March 23, 1946."  Regrettably, I have no FACTS to share with you as per said voyage.
       In your question you typed "My father departed the European theatre on March 28, 1946 and arrived in the U.S. on September 15, 1946."  A five & a half month voyage, I believe an error was made by someone.  Considering your father's arrival in the E.T.O. was March 23, 1946, he would not have departed the E.T.O. five days later for a five & a half month voyage.  In my opinion, the error in question should be corrected to a departure of the E.T.O. on August 28, 1946.  Regardless, I have no FACTS to share with you as per said voyage(s).  
       Good Luck with your quest.

Respectfully,
   Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections

Military History

Richard V. Horrell