Military History/Need Photo of SS NYU Victory Ship

Question
My dad returned to the US in August 1945 on the SS NYU Victory.

He is 92 years old now and I am writing his service memoirs to self-publish a book.

I would like to include a photo of this victory ship in his book.

Any assistance you can provide in helping me locate a photo would be greatly appreciated.  I will, of course, seek permission to use the photo.

Thank you!

Answer
Dear Ms.,
       Thank you for your question.  In it you typed "My dad returned to the US in August 1945 on the SS NYU Victory."  Are the following FACTS as per your father's voyage?

Departure Date:   August 19, 1945
Departure Location:   Antwerp, Belgium
Troop Ship:   SS NYU Victory
Arrival Date:   August 29, 1945
Arrival Location:   New York Port of Embarkation

Would you be so kind as to share with me ALL THE DATES typed in Box #36 on page two of your father's Discharge Documents?
       In your question you typed "I am writing his service memoirs to self-publish a book."  When self-published, may I purchase a copy autographed by your father?
       In your question you typed "Any assistance you can provide in helping me locate a photo would be greatly appreciated."  My first suggestion would be to contact the N.Y.U. Archives.  Next, I could contact:

Department of the Navy
Naval Historical Center
805 Kidder Breese S.E.
 Washington Navy Yard
  Washington,   D.C.
     20374-5060

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If you still do not have what you desire, how about the New York City Public Library.  Continue with:

The National Museum of the Pacific War
340 East Main Street
 Fredericksburg,   Texas
      78624

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hampton Roads Naval Museum
One Waterside Drive
 Suite 248
  Norfolk,   Virginia
    23510-1607

With research of this sort, when an entity/institution indicates it does not have what you desire, ask it for suggestions where to continue your research.  The image you desire exists, it is just a matter of having more than just yourself looking for the image.  You may also wish to contact the Eisenhower Library in Abilene, Kansas
       Good Luck with your quest.  I look forward to purchasing an autographed copy of your father's service memoirs.

Respectfully,
   Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections
     2011 Richard Jones Road
      Apt.      E 26
       Nashville   TN   
        37215-2837  

Military History

Richard V. Horrell