Military History/99th battalion

Question
Whose idea was it to form the 99th battalion?  My dad was in it and tells some interesting stories

Answer
I am a Swede living in Sweden. I have to confess that I do not have a detailed enough knowledge of American military history to answer this. In fact I unfortunately and shamefully know nothing of this particular battalion, sorry! I do suggest that you direct this question to an American expert of military history here! Good luck!

You can also reach me at: http://www.liveperson.com/professional/expert-profile.aspx?gsBMQvSJ0S4K1haAm6AtH
There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!
The language problem I have had with the payment site has been solved!  

Military History

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.