Military History/ammo boxes

I have an ammo box that I was curious about. When/where it was used as well as what it might be worth. It says: 840 cartridges, 5.56mm, BALL M193,10 RD CLIPS, BANDOLEERS, LOT TW 18274. Thank you for your time.

You have a  box that is a post Vietnam War item, for ammunition used by the M-16.  TW stands for Twin cities; the box and ammo was built. The ammo was built in 1974 according to the Lot number.  These  boxes are not worth a large amount I have seen them go for 20 to 60 dollars.  This is standard M-16 ammunition so thousands of these boxes exists.

I hope this helps and check the link

Thank you

Military History

Paul Sutton

I can answer questions on World War Two weapons, tactics, and strategy. I can answer questions on Weapons systems and their development. I can answer guestions on Space exploration history. I am a World War 2 expert. I study Military Weapons Systems and the usage of those systems.

I work for Saint Petersburg College as a TRS or Technology resources specialist. I read 10 to 15 books a year on World War 2 and weapon systems. I also have a BA in History from USF.

I have a BA in history from USF.