Military History/ammo boxes

Question
I have an ammo box that I was curious about. When/where it was used as well as what it might be worth. It says: 840 cartridges, 5.56mm, BALL M193,10 RD CLIPS, BANDOLEERS, LOT TW 18274. Thank you for your time.

Answer
Greetings

You have a  box that is a post Vietnam War item, for ammunition used by the M-16.  TW stands for Twin cities; the box and ammo was built. The ammo was built in 1974 according to the Lot number.  These  boxes are not worth a large amount I have seen them go for 20 to 60 dollars.  This is standard M-16 ammunition so thousands of these boxes exists.

I hope this helps and check the link

Thank you

http://www.thegunzone.com/556faq.html

Military History

Paul Sutton