Military History/US badge silver with 2 stars

Question
Badge
Badge  

Badge
Badge  
I got my first enamel us badge silver with 2 stars, so can you tell me all about it please? I have seen many, but I don’t know what it is.

Answer
Hello Sally,

Congratulation on your first US Badge, you got a nice one!

This is called a Combat Infantryman's Badge Third Award (CIB Third Award), and only 325 Men in the history of the United States Army have ever been awarded the "Triple CIB", all of them served in WWII, The Korean War and Vietnam War.

Since Vietnam, no one has ever been awarded the CIB Third Award.

http://www.military.com/military-report/new-combat-infantrymans-badge-exhibit

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151291302222125.523441.274285692124&type=3

History and Symbolism of the CIB:

http://www.army.mil/symbols/CombatBadges/infantry.html

http://www.tioh.hqda.pentagon.mil/Catalog/Heraldry.aspx?HeraldryId=15449&Categor

If the links do not allow you to click on them directly, cut and paste them into a new browser.

I hope that I have been able to answer your questions. If you have any more questions, please feel free to contact me and I would me more than happy to answer them.

John

Military History

John Vargas