Military History/Bayonet Origin

Bayo 1
Bayo 1  

Bayo 2
Bayo 2  
I have had a bayonet on my closet shelf for many years and decided to try and determine it's origin. It has the BT3 in a triangle on the blade, which may indicate it is Yugoslavian. It has the numbers 7996 near the end of the handle(Pommel?). The frog stud on the scabbard has the numbers 251148 on it. I am attaching several pics.

Indeed you have a a Yugoslavian M1924 bayonet.  It looks close to original by a gunsmith would have to take a look to be sure.  A nice piece of history.

I hope this helps and check out the link.

Thank you

Military History

Paul Sutton

I can answer questions on World War Two weapons, tactics, and strategy. I can answer questions on Weapons systems and their development. I can answer guestions on Space exploration history. I am a World War 2 expert. I study Military Weapons Systems and the usage of those systems.

I work for Saint Petersburg College as a TRS or Technology resources specialist. I read 10 to 15 books a year on World War 2 and weapon systems. I also have a BA in History from USF.

I have a BA in history from USF.