Military History/Identifying WW2 Unit

QUESTION: My father served in WWII in the U.S.Army mustering out as a Tech 4 from the Separation Detachment, New Orleans Port of Embarkation according to his DD214 and Honorable Discharge on 21 Nov 1946 signed by William D McHugh Lt. Col. Transportation Corps. Line 6 indicates the Organization was Nope Ships 9222 TSU-TC line4 indicates Arm or Service was TC which at this point I assume is the Transportation Corps. My father did tell me he served as a clerk onboard a ship that navigated from New Orleans through the Panama Canal to Washington State enroute to the Far East or S.Pacific, however never made it there but returned to New Orleans.  My father passed away in March 2014 and I am creating a memorial of sorts and hope to find a shoulder patch of the unit in which he belonged.  Unfortunately the photos we have are not of good quality to determine his unit and his records were lost in the fire at the St Louis Records Center.  Any help you can give would be appreciated

ANSWER: Can you send me a scan maybe I can recognize something. Reply via follow up.

QUESTION: Do you want scan of Discharge or the photo?

ANSWER: Both please

Don May in uniform
Don May in uniform  

Don May DD214
Don May DD214  
QUESTION: Attached find the DD 214 / Discharge papers for my Father and two photos of him in uniform, the photos were apparently taken prior to embarkation as he is displaying a privates chevron.  The portion of the DD 214 that did not scan was insurance info and remarks.  The remarks read: No time lost AW107 Lapel Button Issued (assuming that was the "ruptured duck)
ASR score (2 Sept 1945) - 2
Recommended for further military training
Thank you

There nothing I grab on to. Here what I suggest.Get in touch with Transportation Corp Museum. They may have records that might narrow down the possible units using on DD-214.
I would call them om the phone.

I wish I could help more.  

Military History

Paul Edward Zukowski

My interest is in the area US Military History. I have a special interest in US small arms. The Civil War, WWI and WWII are areas of special interest but I can handle questions on many areas of US military history.

I spent 2 years in Army ROTC and have been a military history buff most of my life. Does spending too much time watching the History Channel Count : )? Here is some general background information as a means of full disclosure. (it appears on all my profiles)
Life Experience
A general biography my fit more here so I offer the following. (it appears on on all my profiles) After all who we are affects our opinions or even inadvertently effect of statements of fact. I hold a AS from Eastern Conn. State Univ. and a BA from Trinity College, Hartford Ct. Plus 11 other professional certifications. I have received 31 awards for various activities. My writings published in ?The Other Voice? and other publications. I have had my original music published, licensed and recorded by David Kaye. I have been a guest on CyberRadio & TV and many other talk radio programs. I welcome interviews and I am willing to act as a technical advisor to various media. I am single and have resided in Hartford, Ct. since 1976. I have no children. I am a political conservative with libertarian leanings. I am a registered Republican. I am a Roman Catholic. I have worked in the following areas, entertainment, real estate, mortgage banking, and human services. I have owned 2 businesses. Some of my interests include politics, law, history, and current events.Hobbies I partake in include music, target shooting and cars (my Camaro rumbles) If you wish to find out more about me, feel free to visit my web page PEZmans World
You can find me in many other areas of

Current Events: U.S.
U.S. Politics
Legislation, Presidential & Congressional Politics
Military Policy & Weapons
Military History
U.S. History
Supreme Court Cases
Crime & Law Enforcement Issues & Death Penalty
Miscellaneous, Serial Murder, Rape, Arson and other sexually motivated crimes
2nd Amendment and Right to Bear Arms
Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports
Conspiracies & Extremism
Careers: Music
Hartford, Ct.
Trinity College, Hartford, Ct.
Eastern Connecticut State University

Organizations belong to

Cleo of AX Alpha Chi (former Alpha Chi Chapter of DKE)
National Rifle Association
Connecticut State Rifle and Revolver Assoc.
Windsor Marksman Assoc.
The Republican Party
The Roman Catholic Church
History of Hartford Project

Publications and Media Appearances

?The Other Voice? published articles.
?The Frogbelly Local? published articles.
?Hey Little Lady? {song} published Americord Records
Talk Radio appearances include;
Mornings with Ushi, CyberRadio & TV, Broadcast in Los Angles CA. worldwide via the internet.
The Lynda Mercer Show on Power Talk WULF 94.3 FM Radcliffe, Kentucky
The Allen Price Show on WRVA Newsradio 1140 AM Richmond, VA
and many more.
I have been a tech advisor to more than a dozen authors.

AS from Eastern Conn. State Univ.
BA from Trinity College
11 other professional certifications

I have received 31 awards and honors for various activities.