Military History/Location of my father's assignments

Question
My father was Henry L. Gonthier, a Master Sergeant, with the 351st Searchlight Battalion, HQ Battery and was initially stationed in North Africa and then Italy. I would like to know where he was stationed in North Africa and Italy and the dates. His Army Serial Number was 39086074.

Respectfully submitted,
Frank Gonthier

Answer
Dear Sir,
       Thank you for your question.  I respectfully suggest you contact the:

Dwight D. Eisenhower Presidential Library
200 Southeast 4th Street
 Abilene   KS   47410-2900

which has on file the unit history of the 351st Coast Artillery Searchlight Battalion / 351st AAA Searchlight Battalion.  From that source you will have in hand every FACTS known to humankind about the unit your father was assigned [assigned] to during WW 2.
       Good Luck with your quest.

Respectfully,
   Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections  

Military History

Richard V. Horrell