Military History/Location of my father's assignments

My father was Henry L. Gonthier, a Master Sergeant, with the 351st Searchlight Battalion, HQ Battery and was initially stationed in North Africa and then Italy. I would like to know where he was stationed in North Africa and Italy and the dates. His Army Serial Number was 39086074.

Respectfully submitted,
Frank Gonthier

Dear Sir,
       Thank you for your question.  I respectfully suggest you contact the:

Dwight D. Eisenhower Presidential Library
200 Southeast 4th Street
 Abilene   KS   47410-2900

which has on file the unit history of the 351st Coast Artillery Searchlight Battalion / 351st AAA Searchlight Battalion.  From that source you will have in hand every FACTS known to humankind about the unit your father was assigned [assigned] to during WW 2.
       Good Luck with your quest.

Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections  

Military History

Richard V. Horrell

Can answer: World War Two. Specifically, the troop transport ships that took US Military Personnel overseas & returned them to the US, 1941-47. Also, unit history of US Army QM, Signal, MP, Ordnance, Medical, Transportation & Engineer units that served during WW 2. The more obscure units are my specialty. If you have the APO that a Veteran sent letters from or received letters at, I can look up the history of that APO.

A lifelong study of WW 2, including participation as a WW 2 Re-enactor, 1980-2002. Also, interviewing over 400 WW 2 Veterans about their role in WW 2.

AASLH, Middle Tennessee Genealogical Society

Over 800 Profiles that I have written for client's about their loved one's role in WW 2.

BA, History & Political Science (19th & 20th Century European History) Webster University, Webster Groves, MO.

Assisting the National Archives on numerous occasions during the 50th Anniversary Commemoration of WW 2, 1991-95.

Respectfully, I do not disclose the names of the clients I deal with. I have a confidentially agreement with them.