Military History/Sgt. Fred S. Osbourn

Question
Dear Mr Horrell,
 I am trying to get chronological info on my father-in -law Fred Osbourn . I know he enlisted at ft Sam Houston
7-1944 and went to camp wood. But when he left and where he went to be transported on the SS MARIPOSOS to Marsiilles, France, I cannot find. I have tracked him from France to  worms, Germany and finally to Waldorf,Germany. If you could tell me where to go to find ships passenger list ,I have looked but I don't know the date and can't find his unit. Co D 148th bro 90th IRTC reg. unfortunately Fred passed away from lung cancer , I want to make a notebook for his grandchildren , so they can remember what he did for them to live free. I do not have his discharge papers.p
         Thank you sir for any info you can share,
         Kathy Osbourn

Answer
Dear Ms.,
       Thank you for your question.  In it you typed "went to camp wood."  I assume you are referring to Fort Leonard Wood (Rolla, Missouri) an Engineer Replacement Training Center operated by the US Army during WW 2.
       In your question you typed "SS MARIPOSOS to Marsiilles, France, I cannot find."  There were three voyages by the SS Mariposa to Marseilles, France prior to May 8, 1945:

Departure Date:   October 27, 1944
Departure Location:   New York Port of Embarkation
Troop Ship:   SS Mariposa
Units Onboard:   1269th Engineer Combat Battalion
         1271st Engineer Combat Battalion
Arrival Date:   November 6, 1944
Arrival Location:   Marseilles, France
    via the Straits of Gibraltar

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Departure Date:   December 1, 1944
Departure Location:   Boston Port of Embarkation
Troop Ship:   SS Mariposa
Arrival Date:   December 10, 1944
Arrival Location:   Marseilles, France
    via the Straits of Gibraltar

Departure Date:   January 8, 1945
Troop Ship"   SS Mariposa
Arrival Date:   January 18, 1945
Arrival Location:   Marseilles, France
    via the Straits of Gibraltar

In your question you typed "I have tracked him from France to worms, Germany".  Would you be so kind as to share with me your source that you "tracked him" with?
       In your question you typed "If you could tell me where to go to find ships passenger list".  I have no idea where a "ships passenger list" would be located.  
       In your question you typed "can't find his unit".  Sorry to read that, for without that FACT it will be QUITE difficult to obtain additional FACTS.
       In your question you typed "Co D 148th bro 90th IRTC reg".  Would you be so kind as to share with me your source that at one time the Veteran was assigned [assigned] to Company D, 90th Infantry Replacement Training Center Regiment.  Rather atypical that the Veteran was assigned [assigned] to an Infantry Replacement Training Center Regiment while having attended the Engineer Replacement Training Center.
       In your question you typed "I do not have his discharge papers."  Sorry to read that.
       Good luck with your quest.

Respectfully,
   Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections  

Military History

Richard V. Horrell