Military History/Thirty Years War

Robert, Hello again. I have a tough one, I am Looking for the Uniform Colors of Hessian Infantry in the Thirty Years war. They fought on the Protestant side (Swedes). Any help would be greatly Appreciated. Thank You, regards,  MDD

Dear Michael,
Hesse had some uniforms that were dark blue with red stocking and possibly red or silver cuffs, (buff colors for later in the war). Red or grey coats with grey pants were also used. Silver, blue, and red from the coat of arms were used as trim. Mounted Jager were raised in 1631,  300 men company, and probably in blue. In regard to recognition on the battlefield, they wore sashes of silver,blue, or red. May God Bless - Colonel Robert A. Lynn, Florida Guard

Military History

LTC Robert A. Lynn, Florida Guard

I can answer both specific and general military history questions from ancient times to the present. I also provide references and footnotes where I obtained the answers from.