Military History/83rd Field Hospital ETO Germany

Mr. Horrell, I am researching my Dad's military service and would appreciate any help you can give as I can find little information about the 83rd field hospital.  
My father: Samuel B. Fry
Serial #33 932 596
Grade: S Sgt
Arm of Service: MD
Component: AUS
Organization: 83rd Field Hospital
Date of Separation: 14 Jan 1946
Place: Unit A Sep Ctr 45 IGMR PA
Date of Birth: 5 Nov 1911
Date of Induction: 10 Apr 1944
Place of Entry into Service: New Cumberland PA
Battles and Campaigns: GO 33 and 40 WD 45 Central Europe
Decorations and Citations: WWII Victory Medal, Good Conduct Medal, Am Campaign Medal, European African Middle Eastern Campaign Medal with One Bronze Star
Date of Departure: 11 Feb 1945 England-Arrival 18Feb 1945
Date of Departure: 7 Aug 1945 US-Arrival 18 Aug 1945
Reason and Authority for Separation: AR 615-365 15 Dec 1944 Convn of the Govt RR 1-1 Demobilization

Separation Record reads "Assigned to ETO with 83rd field hospital as clerk typist. Worked with Sgt-Major.  Did filing, regular army filing system.  Did all general typing for headquarters for hospital.  Types 40 w.p.m.  Took incoming calls on telephone."

Is it possible to find the name of the S-Major who my dad worked with or other soldiers in that group? Would you have the unit or platoon name or number? I believe they were assigned to the Third Army. Did his group help to liberate any of the camps?  Thank you so much for any help you can give.

Dear Ms.,
       Thank you for your question.  Also, THANK YOU for referring to me as "Mr. Horrell".  Good manners NEVER go out-of-style.
       In your question you typed "S Sgt".  A Staff Sergeant's pay was $96.00 per month.
       In your question you typed "83rd Field Hospital".  OK, I acknowledge that.
       In your question you typed "Central Europe".  The Campaign your father participated in, as well as the Campaign the 83rd Field Hospital in.  Campaign dates, March 22-May 8, 1945.
       In your question you typed "Date of Departure:  11 Feb 1945 England-Arrival 18Feb 1945".

Departure Date:   February 11, 1945
Departure Location:   New York Port of Embarkation
Troop Ship:   RMS Mauretania
Arrival Date:   February 18, 1845
Arrival Location:   Liverpool, England

In your question you typed "Date of Departure:  7 Aug 1945 US-Arrival 18 Aug 1945

Departure Date:   August 7, 1945
Departure Location:   Marseilles, France
Troop Ship:   USS General Harry Taylor  AP-145
Arrival Date:   August 18, 1945
Arrival Location:   New York Port of Embarkation
    via the Straits of Gibraltar

In your question you typed "Assigned to ETO with 83rd field hospital".  OK, I acknowledge that.
       In your question you typed "Is it possible to find the.......soldiers in that group?"  Sure, research the unit records.  The unit records are located at:

US Army Heritage & Education Center
950 Soldiers Road
 Carlisle   PA   17013

Just so I am clear on what you typed, when you typed "that group" were you referring to the 83rd Field Hospital or one of the Medical Groups serving in the ETO, 1944-45?
       In your question you typed "Would you have the unit or platoon name or number?"  No, I do not.
       In your question you typed "I believe they were assigned to Third Army."  I cannot confirm that.  That does not mean the 83rd Field Hospital was not assigned to Third Army, it means I do not have FACTS to confirm that for you.  May I commend you for using the correct term "assigned" & the correct form of Third when referring to an Army of the US Military.  It is a pleasure to deal with someone as well educated as you.
       In your question you typed "Did his group help to liberate any of the camps?"  "his group" as in the 83rd Field Hospital, or one of the Medical Groups serving in the ETO, 1944-45?  I am unfamiliar with any US AMC Unit liberating any "camps" in the ETO, 1945.  However, US AMC Units would arrive in a timely manner to provide medical care to the survivors.
       Good luck with your quest.

Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections  

Military History

Richard V. Horrell

Can answer: World War Two. Specifically, the troop transport ships that took US Military Personnel overseas & returned them to the US, 1941-47. Also, unit history of US Army QM, Signal, MP, Ordnance, Medical, Transportation & Engineer units that served during WW 2. The more obscure units are my specialty. If you have the APO that a Veteran sent letters from or received letters at, I can look up the history of that APO.

A lifelong study of WW 2, including participation as a WW 2 Re-enactor, 1980-2002. Also, interviewing over 400 WW 2 Veterans about their role in WW 2.

AASLH, Middle Tennessee Genealogical Society

Over 800 Profiles that I have written for client's about their loved one's role in WW 2.

BA, History & Political Science (19th & 20th Century European History) Webster University, Webster Groves, MO.

Assisting the National Archives on numerous occasions during the 50th Anniversary Commemoration of WW 2, 1991-95.

Respectfully, I do not disclose the names of the clients I deal with. I have a confidentially agreement with them.