Military History/Adam C. Greenwald's WW 2 Service

Question
QUESTION: Could you find the Army Infantry Unit that Adam C. Greenwald and any information on his service? Born Nov 1917  Death Aug 1997  He was a volunteer,inducted in Saint Louis, MO Nov 27, 1940. He was sent to Fort Leavenworth, KS. His service included the Italian campaign.  He did vehicle maintenance.  Released Nov 18, 1945.

I have his last pay record that says his previous organization
"7 Repl Depot" Date of TRF Oct 28, 1945.

The Record Center were not able to send me anything.  Thank you for your service.

ANSWER: Dear Ms.,
       Thank you for your question.  In it you typed "Could you find the Army Infantry Unit that Adam C. Greenwald and any information on his service?"  Of course.  Please photocopy the Veteran's Discharge Documents (WD AGO Form 53-55) then send the photocopies to me via First Class USPS.  Please be sure to include your e-mail address for ease of response.  It will be my pleasure to share with you all the FACTS I glean from the documents.
       In your question you typed "His service included the Italian campaign."  Would you be so kind as to share with me your source that the Veteran participated in the "Italian campaign"?
       In your question you typed "He did vehicle maintenance."  If that is true, then why did you type that the Veteran was assigned [assigned] to an "Army Infantry Unit"?  Would he not have been assigned [assigned] to an Ordnance Maintenance Unit to perform "vehicle maintenance"?
       In your question you typed that the Veteran was "Released Nov 18, 1945."  Would you be so kind as to share with me your source that the Veteran was "Released Nov 18, 1945"?
       Good Luck with your quest.

Respectfully,
   Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections
     2011 Richard Jones Road
      Apt.      E 26
       Nashville   TN   37215-2837

QUESTION: Thank you for your time!
I do not have the discharge papers. I will send you a copy of his last paycheck and a photo.  The photo we have does not show much except his sergeant stripes.
He told us a little about his service and he went from Africa to Italy. We have no recollection where he went after Italy. He also talked of doing vehicle maintenance but was in the Infantry he told us.  He really did not share much and I have wanted to learn more.
The discharge dates are from his last paycheck worksheet.

Are there any records from Fort Leavenworth that might tell what infantry units were developed from their recruits and where they served in WW2? A newspaper article that includes Adam's name indicates the recruits were sent to Fort Leavenworth.  I researched some WW2 infantry units but none seemed to come from Fort Leavenworth.    He is buried at Jefferson Barracks and they must have had some papers to admit him for burial, but his wife Charlotte was buried there first in 1969 and he was not buried til 1997. I wrote Jefferson Barracks but never received a reply.   Thanks

Answer
Dear Ms.,
       Thank you for your follow-up.  In it you typed "I do not have the discharge papers."  I am sorry to read that, as Discharge Documents (WD AGO Form 53-55) are invaluable toward ACCURATE historic research.
       In your follow-up you typed "I will send you a copy of his last paycheck and a photo."  Especially the photograph, please.
       In your follow-up you typed "Are there any records from Fort Leavenworth that might tell me what infantry units were developed from their recruits"?  Possibly.  I suggest you send a letter via First Class USPS (then you have a paper trail) to the Post Historian at Ft. Leavenworth.
       In your follow-up you typed "He is buried at Jefferson Barracks and they must have had some papers to admit him for burial".  Yes. To "admit him for burial" a copy of the Veteran's Discharge Documents (WD AGO Form 53-55) were provided.  
       In your follow-up you typed "I wrote Jefferson Barracks but never received a reply."  Did you write to Jefferson Barracks, the park now operated by the St. Louis County Department of Parks & Recreation, OR the National Cemetery, operated by the United States Government?
       Good Luck with your quest.

Respectfully,
   Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections

Military History

Richard V. Horrell