Military History/Cambodian Genocide

I was wondering what the victims of the Cambodian genocide/ Vietnamese-Cambodian war did to retaliate. its my understanding that the Vietnamese were on the khmer rouges side then the cambodians turned on them.

Dear Dean,

Apart from a few resistance cells, there was no retaliation against the regime. It must be noted that Cambodia was a rural country which did not have a big political base that could offer any resistance to the ruling government. It was only after the failed preemptive invasion of Vietnam and the subsequent counter attack by Vietnam that defecting members of the Khmer Rouge aided the Vietnamese.

Do let me know if you have any follow up questions

Military History

Rizwan Saleem

help in military history ,war tactics and mobalizations covering world war 2 , vietnam and the 1965,1971 indo-pak wars and some Special operations.

independent research , collective information through various sources that would give an insight of different perspectives from both sides.

Independent studies and research, various official and non official sources.