Military History/Campaign Ribbon

Question
Afternoon,

I'm Connie and I work for Commando Military Supply and I help with the special orders here. I have a customer who is building a shadow box and ask me to find a Rhineland Campaign Ribbon, however when I look for it I get all the medals from WWII. Can you please tell me if this is a true ribbon or medal. Thank you so very much for your time and have an awesome day.

Connie

Answer
Hi, you would use a European Campaign ribbon and one star denoting the Rhineland campaign. No official ribbon was designed or approved for uniform wear in regards to the campaign. My guess is he is looking at a DD214 and seeing the campaign history and authorized devices. Hope this helps and if you have any other questions, please dont hesitate to ask.

Military History

Michael O'Reagan