Military History/Where did my father serve?

Hello. I submitted the form to the National Archives but did not receive any information about where was my father sent to during WWII. This is the information I got:
200th (or 220th) Inf Battalion
date of entry into the service 2 Oct 1944
date of separation 31 Oct 1945
Army Serial number 30 435 036
Grade Pvt
Military Occupational Specialty and No. Medical Aidman 657
Decorations and Citations American Theater Service Medal,
2 Overseas Service Bars

My father was born in Dec 1925 and was only 18 years old when he enlisted in 1944. I would like to know where he was sent to, how he arrived, what battles, etc.
I appreciate your help.

Good Day,
       Thank you for your question.  In it you typed "National Archives".  It is my understanding that there was a fire in July 1973 at the "National Archives" facility at 9700 Page Blvd., St. Louis, Missouri that destroyed approximately 85% of the personnel files for members of the US Army during WW 2.  If that is the case, what was the "National Archives" source for the information the "National Archives" provided you?
       In your question you typed "200th (or 220th) Inf Battalion".  I could find no record of a 200th Infantry Battalion or 220th Infantry Battalion activated by the US Military prior to September 2, 1945.  In my OPINION, one of these was the unit your father was assigned [assigned] to for his return to the USA after WW 2 ended.
       In your question you typed "2 Overseas Service Bars".  One Overseas Service Bar indicated that you father had served overseas in excess of six months, so two bars indicated that your father served overseas in excess of twelve months & less than eighteen months.
       In your question you typed "when he enlisted".  Are you sure that your father "enlisted" & was not Drafted?
       In your question you typed "I would like to know where he was sent to, how he arrived, what battles".  So would I!  Would you be so kind as to photocopy your father's Discharge Documents (WD AGO Form 53-55) then send the photocopies to me via First Class USPS.  Please be sure to include your e-mail address for ease of response.  It will be my pleasure to share with you every FACT I glean from the documents.
       Good Luck with your quest.

Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections
     2011 Richard Jones Road
      Apt.      E 26
       Nashville   TN   37215-2837

Military History

Richard V. Horrell

Can answer: World War Two. Specifically, the troop transport ships that took US Military Personnel overseas & returned them to the US, 1941-47. Also, unit history of US Army QM, Signal, MP, Ordnance, Medical, Transportation & Engineer units that served during WW 2. The more obscure units are my specialty. If you have the APO that a Veteran sent letters from or received letters at, I can look up the history of that APO.

A lifelong study of WW 2, including participation as a WW 2 Re-enactor, 1980-2002. Also, interviewing over 400 WW 2 Veterans about their role in WW 2.

AASLH, Middle Tennessee Genealogical Society

Over 800 Profiles that I have written for client's about their loved one's role in WW 2.

BA, History & Political Science (19th & 20th Century European History) Webster University, Webster Groves, MO.

Assisting the National Archives on numerous occasions during the 50th Anniversary Commemoration of WW 2, 1991-95.

Respectfully, I do not disclose the names of the clients I deal with. I have a confidentially agreement with them.