Military History/Father unit and job

Dear Mr. Horrell,  Im living oversea here in Germany ,I would love to visit where my father was Station and worked during his term in WW2. the only Thing that I have is what was placed on his tomb Stone. "Tec 5 732 RY OPR BN TO(maybe TC)  World War II"
Thanks for yor help.

Dear Sir,
       Thank you for your question.  Also, THANK YOU for referring to me as "Mr. Horrell".  Good manners NEVER go out-of-style.
       In your question you typed "Tec 5".  During WW 2, a Technician 5th Grade was paid $66.00 per month.
       In your question you typed "732 RY OPR BN TO(maybe TC)".  What you have typed would have been taken from Box #6 on page two of your father's Discharge Documents (WD AGO Form 53-55).  The unit typed in Box #6 was the unit the Veteran was assigned [assigned] to when he was discharged.  Sometimes it was the unit the Veteran was assigned [assigned] to prior to May 8, 1945, sometimes it was not.  What I wish to make clear to you is, the 732nd Railway Operating Battalion (TC) may have been the unit your father was assigned [assigned] to prior to V-E Day, or it may have not been the unit he was assigned [assigned] to prior to V-E Day.  Based upon the FACTS you have provided me so far, I cannot determine with 100% certainty the unit your father was assigned [assigned] to prior to May 8, 1945.
       Having typed that, the following is a brief history of the 732nd Railway Operating Battalion (TC):

activated at Fort Sam Houston, Texas, February 10, 1944 with assets from the Great Northern Railway

departed an East Coast (USA) Port of Embarkation September 20, 1944

arrived in the ETO October 1, 1944

Rhineland          September 15, 1944-March 21, 1945
Ardennes-Alsace    December 16, 1944-January 15, 1945
Central Europe     March 22-May 8, 1945

V-E Day, May 8, 1945

assigned [assigned] to the Army of Occupation, Germany, May 2-August 15, 1945

departed Bremerhaven, Germany, January 29, 1946

sailed on the SS Aiken Victory

arrived at the New York Port of Embarkation February 17, 1946

de-activated at Camp Kilmer, New Jersey, February 18, 1946

Good Luck with your quest.

Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections

Military History

Richard V. Horrell

Can answer: World War Two. Specifically, the troop transport ships that took US Military Personnel overseas & returned them to the US, 1941-47. Also, unit history of US Army QM, Signal, MP, Ordnance, Medical, Transportation & Engineer units that served during WW 2. The more obscure units are my specialty. If you have the APO that a Veteran sent letters from or received letters at, I can look up the history of that APO.

A lifelong study of WW 2, including participation as a WW 2 Re-enactor, 1980-2002. Also, interviewing over 400 WW 2 Veterans about their role in WW 2.

AASLH, Middle Tennessee Genealogical Society

Over 800 Profiles that I have written for client's about their loved one's role in WW 2.

BA, History & Political Science (19th & 20th Century European History) Webster University, Webster Groves, MO.

Assisting the National Archives on numerous occasions during the 50th Anniversary Commemoration of WW 2, 1991-95.

Respectfully, I do not disclose the names of the clients I deal with. I have a confidentially agreement with them.