Military History/Unit information-Location duringWW2, Patches

Question
My father served in the Army during WWII.  His separation papers indicate he was with the
233rd Anti Aircraft Searchlight Battalion. I know he was in the South Pacific but not which islands.  I would also like to know more about the 233 AAA BN as I have had trouble finding out information about the unit, or if it was attached to 6th Army, 10th Army etc.
Thank you for your help

Answer
Dear Mr. Pettigrew,
         Here is the information you requested:

This unit was formed on 20 January 1943 at Fort Bliss, Texas as Coast Artillery/Search Light Battalion from the 3rd Battalion, 611th Coast Artillery. It was re-designated Search Light Battalion from Coast Artillery Battalion on 3 March 1943. Its Port of Embarkation was from San Francisco, California on 1 September 1943 and arrived in Fiji on 14 September 1943, New Guinea on 2 December 1944, and the Philippines on 20 July 1945. Its August, 1945 location was Manila, Philippines with its Battery A located at Bacolod, Philippines. It arrived back in the U.S. on 22 December 1945 at San Francisco, California and the unit was inactivated on 1 November 1946 at Camp Hood, Texas. May God Bless-Colonel Robert A. Lynn, Florida Guard  

Military History

LTC Robert A. Lynn, Florida Guard