Military History/750th Engineer Heavy Shop Company

Question
QUESTION: I have given my friend the information you provided on his father. He recalls his father saying that he had landed with the third wave on D-day. Your previous response said that the 750th arrived in Scotland on April 26 1944. Do you know when they left Scotland and arrived in France?

With regard to your questioning the date of this veterans departure date from Marseilles, does the fact that an August 7th departure for a September 1st arrival at Okinawa would have taken three and a half weeks make that date more or less credible than the July 7th date that would have taken seven and a half weeks?
Thanks again,
Ed

ANSWER: Dear Sir,
       Thank you for your follow-up.  In it you typed "He recalls his father saying that he had landed with the third wave on D-day."  As indicated in Box #32 on page two of the Veteran's Discharge Documents (WD AGO Form 53-55) the Veteran did NOT participate in the Normandy Campaign, June 6-July 24, 1944.  Please note Box #56 on page two of the Veteran's Discharge Documents (WD AGO Form 53-55) the Veteran signed the document, indicating accuracy.  I can only provide you with the FACTS indicated by the Veteran's Discharge Documents (WD AGO Form 53-55) the document the Veteran signed as accurate.
       In your follow-up you typed "Do you know when they left Scotland and arrived in France?"  After September 15, 1944.
       In your follow-up you typed "With regard to your questioning the date.......taken seven and a half weeks?"  I would typed "less credible".  
       Good Luck with your quest.

Respectfully,
   Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections

QUESTION: Could you please check your source for the departure date from NY of the RMS Queen Elizabeth. You indicated 4/20/1944 with arrival at Gourock on 4/26/1944. Skylights. org/troopships/1944.HTML shows the QE sailing from NY on 4/17/1944 with arrival Gurock on 4/27/1944.
Thank you,
Ed

Answer
Dear Sir,
       Thank you for your follow-up.  The dates I provided you are correct.  What is "Skylights" source?  It would not have taken ten days for the RMS Queen Elizabeth to sail from the New York P of E to Gourock, Scotland.

Richard V. Horrell
   WW 2 Connections

Military History

Richard V. Horrell