Military History/Trying to identify an OLD uniform!

Good evening! I was recently given an old military uniform. From what little I was told its from WW1, all original and the owner of it passed away about 10+ years ago.  I'm having trouble finding any similar uniforms, especially the plaid pants! Any and all help would be much appreciated!

Unfortunately I am not able to help you wirh this kind of questions any more. A friend of mine who knew everything worth knowing and more of old uniforms helped me with this kind of questions and I always gave him credit for it here. Unfortunately he suddenly passed away last summer. You seem to live in Florida? If so do you think the uniform is American? If so try one or several of the American experts here! Good luck!

You can also reach me at:
There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!
The language problem I have had with the payment site has been solved!

Military History

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.

I`m a retired Swedish military physician-surgeon with a big interest in military history - mainly European and especially of the Nordic-Scandinavian area. This also includes the history of military medicine.

A very long and intense personal interest.

Doctor of Medicine. You can also find me here on under these categories: I also answer questions in other categories: Oncology (General Cancer), General History, Brain Tumors, Breast Cancer, Colon Cancer