Military History/Trying to identify this uniform

Question
Full uniform
Full uniform  

Hemet
Hemet  
Good evening! I was recently given an old military uniform. From what little I was told its from WW1, all original and the owner of it passed away about 10+ years ago.  I'm having trouble finding any similar uniforms, especially the plaid pants! Any and all help would be much appreciated!

Answer
I'm not a uniform expert, but I do know a fair amount about WWI and I don't believe I've seen this one. The plaid would lead me to believe that it may be a British/Scottish unit, but that's a guess. Is there a military memorabilia dealer in your area? If so, I'd suggest you contact them and see what they say.

Military History

Marc Leepson