Military History/334th Infantry Regiment, 84th Infantry Division

Mr.Horrell am researching veterans from Griffithville Ar KIA.Want to honor them with a memorial in our center citizens building.Have a picture of Sgt Corder family let me copy.No one left for information here. S/STG Perry P Corder, Enlist date Nov 27,1942, SN 38-297-278, born April 15,1917, died Dec 3,1944. body returned 1948. From your book can you tell us any info for Company I Sgt Perry Corder, was his unit in the Normandy invasion, am sure he died in battle of bulge from date of thinks he was buried in Holland before returned to Ark. I see from reading I will have to do the I.D.P.F. you answered to other questions. for more Info. Thank you for the good work you do. Mayor Windle Porter

Dear Mayor Porter,
       Thank you for your question.  Also, THANK YOU for referring to me as Mr. Horrell.  Good manners NEVER go out of style.
       In your question you typed "S/STG Perry P Corder."  I have found the FACTS about him in the unit history of the 84th Infantry Division that I own & have before me on my desk.
       In your question you typed "died Dec 3,1944."  In military terms, S/Sgt. Corder was K.I.A. December 3, 1944.
       In your question you typed "body returned 1948."  You will need to read the I.D.P.F. (Individual Deceased Personnel File) to confirm the date.
       In your question you typed "Company I".  I can confirm that S/Sgt. Corder was assigned [assigned] to Company I, 3rd Battalion, 334th Infantry Regiment, 84th Infantry Division.
       In your question you typed "was his unit in the Normandy invasion".  The "Normandy invasion" began Tuesday, June 6, 1944.  The 334th Infantry Regiment departed the New York Port of Embarkation September 20, 1944.
       In your question you typed "he died in battle of bulge".  The Battle of the Bulge began Saturday, December 16, 1944.  S/Sgt. Corder was K.I.A. Sunday, December 3, 1944.
       In your question you typed "family thinks he was buried in Holland".  Again, you will need to read the I.D.P.F. to confirm that location.
       In your question you typed "I see from reading I will have to do the I.D.P.F."  If you wish to obtain all the FACTS, YES!!!
       The following are additional FACTS I learned about S/Sgt. Corder:

Participated in the Rhineland Campaign, September 15, 1944-March 21, 1945

Was awarded (posthumously) a Purple Heart Medal, Combat Infantryman Badge, Bronze Star Medal for Valour & a Presidential Unit Citation

K.I.A. in the vicinity of Lindern, Germany

The 84th Infantry Division was attached [attached] to XIII Corps on December 3, 1944

The XIII Corps was attached [attached] to Ninth Army on December 3, 1944

Good Luck with your quest.

Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections
     2011 Richard Jones Road
      Apt.      E 26
       Nashville   TN   37215-2837

Military History

Richard V. Horrell

Can answer: World War Two. Specifically, the troop transport ships that took US Military Personnel overseas & returned them to the US, 1941-47. Also, unit history of US Army QM, Signal, MP, Ordnance, Medical, Transportation & Engineer units that served during WW 2. The more obscure units are my specialty. If you have the APO that a Veteran sent letters from or received letters at, I can look up the history of that APO.

A lifelong study of WW 2, including participation as a WW 2 Re-enactor, 1980-2002. Also, interviewing over 400 WW 2 Veterans about their role in WW 2.

AASLH, Middle Tennessee Genealogical Society

Over 800 Profiles that I have written for client's about their loved one's role in WW 2.

BA, History & Political Science (19th & 20th Century European History) Webster University, Webster Groves, MO.

Assisting the National Archives on numerous occasions during the 50th Anniversary Commemoration of WW 2, 1991-95.

Respectfully, I do not disclose the names of the clients I deal with. I have a confidentially agreement with them.