Military History/How come the Allied didn't try to stop the Holocaust?

Why did the Allied forces sit on their asses and let the Holocaust go on? I mean like I'd wager they were aware of the Holocaust through their intel, weren't they?

Dear Mika,
        There has been much confusion over who knew what and when they did know it but looking at all the new scholarship that has been done in recent years and my experience as an intelligence officer; the Allies could neither confirm or deny the Holocaust. The intelligence they did get couldn't be confirmed by any reliable sources and one must remember what was the goal of the Allies in World War II? To defeat the Axis and everything else was secondary to that mission including the Holocaust. May God Bless-Colonel Robert A. Lynn, Florida Guard

Military History

LTC Robert A. Lynn, Florida Guard

I can answer both specific and general military history questions from ancient times to the present. I also provide references and footnotes where I obtained the answers from.