Military History/AR National Guard, 153rd Infantry Regiment Company M during WWII

QUESTION: Greetings. I was wondering if you could possibly help me find any information on my Great Grandfather's infantry regiment, specifically Company M if possible?

He served in the Arkansas National Guard's 153rd Infantry Regiment, 3rd Battalion, Company M. He was stationed in the Aleutian Islands during WWII. He was transported there on the USAT President Taft. Although, like most veterans from that time, he shared very little information with anyone, including his loved ones.

I have already contacted the National Archives and was able to obtain his Honorable Discharge papers, despite the warehouse fire that ravaged much of the files in St. Louis, Mo.

Any additional information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

ANSWER: Dear Sir,
       Thank you for your question.  In it you typed "I was wondering.......Company M if possible?"  Regrettably, the best I can do for you is 3rd Battalion, which included Companies I, K, L & M (there was no Company J).  These are the only FACTS available to me from printed sources.

Federalized into the U.S. Army at Conway, Arkansas, December 23, 1940

Based at Camp Robinson (Little Rock) Arkansas, beginning January 3, 1941

Relocates to Camp Forrest (Tullahoma) Tennessee May 28, 1941

Relocated to Camp Robinson, Arkansas July 1, 1941

Departed a West Coast, U.S.A. Port of Embarkation September 1, 1941

Served in the Aleutian Islands Campaign, June 3, 1942-August 24, 1943

Relocated to Camp Shelby (Hattiesburg) Mississippi March 21, 1944

De-activated at Camp Shelby, Mississippi, June 30, 1944

Would you be so kind as to share with me ALL THE DATES typed in Box #36 on page two of your great grandfather's WD AGO Form 53-55?
       Good Luck with your quest.

Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections

Honorable Discharge Paper
Honorable Discharge Pa  
QUESTION: Thank you very much for your time and effort. It is greatly appreciated.

In response to your request to share all of the dates in Box #36, the crude copy that I was given isn't the best. I have no problem attaching an image of that portion of the document.

I do have another question to ask in relation to the subject of my Great Grandfather's service. In what division was the 3rd Battalion of the 153rd Infantry Regiment associated with during their campaign in the Aleutian Islands?

Thank you again for your time.

Dear Sir,
       Thank you for your follow-up.  Also, THANK YOU for the scan of the bottom half of WD AGO Form 53-55.  I could easily read the FACTS I desired!
       In your follow-up you typed "In what division was the Aleutian Islands?"  No division, what-so-ever.  The 3rd Battalion, 153rd Infantry Regiment, Arkansas National Guard was assigned [assigned] to the Alaska Defence Command.
       Good Luck with your quest.

Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections

Military History

Richard V. Horrell

Can answer: World War Two. Specifically, the troop transport ships that took US Military Personnel overseas & returned them to the US, 1941-47. Also, unit history of US Army QM, Signal, MP, Ordnance, Medical, Transportation & Engineer units that served during WW 2. The more obscure units are my specialty. If you have the APO that a Veteran sent letters from or received letters at, I can look up the history of that APO.

A lifelong study of WW 2, including participation as a WW 2 Re-enactor, 1980-2002. Also, interviewing over 400 WW 2 Veterans about their role in WW 2.

AASLH, Middle Tennessee Genealogical Society

Over 800 Profiles that I have written for client's about their loved one's role in WW 2.

BA, History & Political Science (19th & 20th Century European History) Webster University, Webster Groves, MO.

Assisting the National Archives on numerous occasions during the 50th Anniversary Commemoration of WW 2, 1991-95.

Respectfully, I do not disclose the names of the clients I deal with. I have a confidentially agreement with them.