Military History/german surgeon

Hello Dr.Nordquist
My Uncle John Phillips was operated on for gun shot wounds he received in a battle in Medell, Belgium on 01-25-1945. His surgery was conducted in a field hospital where there were 6 doctors.  One was trained at John Hopkins Medical School. My Uncle was the first US Officer that this hospital handled.  It was 1-5 miles away from Medell. Can you tell me anything about this field hospital or the US trained doctor?

My Uncle lived to 92 years old.

I am a Swede, living, educated & trained in Sweden. I am sorry I can not help you with this. But the U.S. military has military historians who probably can. Contact the Pentagon by phone or e-mail to find out how to contact them! Good luck!

You can also reach me at:
There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!
The language problem I have had with the payment site has been solved!

Military History

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.

I`m a retired Swedish military physician-surgeon with a big interest in military history - mainly European and especially of the Nordic-Scandinavian area. This also includes the history of military medicine.

A very long and intense personal interest.

Doctor of Medicine. You can also find me here on under these categories: I also answer questions in other categories: Oncology (General Cancer), General History, Brain Tumors, Breast Cancer, Colon Cancer