Military History/Troop Crossing

Dear Mr.. Horrell,
My Uncle John C. Phillips, First Lieutenant 424th Infantry Regiment 106th Division was transported on the Queen Elizabeth to Scotland in December 1944. I can't find record of the QE crossings after October.  Can you identify the likely crossing?

In January 1945 he was taken prisoner and operated on by a German doctor in a German field hospital  just outside of Medell Belgium. He was trained in the US at John Hopkins Medical school.  Can you identify this doctor?

With appreciation

Dear Sir,
       Thank you for your question.  Also, THANK YOU for referring to me as "Mr. Horrell."  Good manners NEVER go out of style.
       In your question you typed "transported on the Queen Elizabeth to Scotland in December 1944."

Departure Date:   December 16, 1944
Departure Location:   New York Port of Embarkation
Troop Ship:   RMS Queen Elizabeth
Arrival Date:   December 21, 1944
Arrival Location:   Gourock, Scotland
    13,057 Troops onboard

Since the Ardennes Offensive (Battle of the Bulge) began Saturday, December 16, 1944, I respectfully request ALL THE DATES typed in Box #32 on page two of your uncle's WD AGO Form 53-96.
       In your question you typed "In January 1945 he identify this doctor?"  No, I cannot.  I suggest you contact the Bundes Archives in Germany for their assistance.  
       I will eagerly await your response with the FACTS I requested.

Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections
     2011 Richard Jones Road
      Apt      E 26
       Nashville   TN   37215-2837

Military History

Richard V. Horrell

Can answer: World War Two. Specifically, the troop transport ships that took US Military Personnel overseas & returned them to the US, 1941-47. Also, unit history of US Army QM, Signal, MP, Ordnance, Medical, Transportation & Engineer units that served during WW 2. The more obscure units are my specialty. If you have the APO that a Veteran sent letters from or received letters at, I can look up the history of that APO.

A lifelong study of WW 2, including participation as a WW 2 Re-enactor, 1980-2002. Also, interviewing over 400 WW 2 Veterans about their role in WW 2.

AASLH, Middle Tennessee Genealogical Society

Over 800 Profiles that I have written for client's about their loved one's role in WW 2.

BA, History & Political Science (19th & 20th Century European History) Webster University, Webster Groves, MO.

Assisting the National Archives on numerous occasions during the 50th Anniversary Commemoration of WW 2, 1991-95.

Respectfully, I do not disclose the names of the clients I deal with. I have a confidentially agreement with them.