Military History/WW 2 battle abbreviations

Question
QUESTION: Mr. Horrell, My father was in the Army in the Pacific [ WW II ]. Where can I find a list of battle and campaign abbreviations on his discharge papers. I'm interested to see where he was [Iwo, Guam, Midway ?]  Thanks for any help.

ANSWER: Dear Sir,
       Thank you for your question.  Also, THANK YOU for referring to me as "Mr. Horrell".  Good manners NEVER go out of style.
       In your question you typed "Where can I find a list of battle and campaign abbreviations on his discharge papers."  Respectfully, I'm not quite sure I am fully understanding your question.  Box #32 on page two of your father's Discharge Documents (WD AGO Form 53-55) lists the "BATTLES AND CAMPAIGNS" your father participated in during WW 2.  Over the decades I have acquired thousands on Discharge Documents (WD AGO Form 53-55) & I have never seen any "BATTLES" listed in Box #32.  Only "CAMPAIGNS" and none of those listed were abbreviated.  
       In your question you typed "I'm interested to see where he was."  If you were to share with me the FACTS typed in Box #6, Box #22, Box #23, Box #24, Box #32, Box #33 & ALL THE DATES typed in Box #36, it would be my pleasure to help inform you "where he was."  
       Good Luck with your quest.

Sincerely,
   Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections

QUESTION: Mr. Horrell we e-mailed a few days ago. The problem may be here on my end, I'm using a "military record and report of separation" form. Box#28 is battles and campaigns and contains the following..Ryukyus  GO  69 WD  45.   Don't know if this will help. Thanks for your time.  Phil

Answer
Dear Sir,
       Thank you for your follow-up.  In it you typed "Box#28 is battles.......GO 69 WD 45."  If  Box #28 on page two of your father's Discharge Documents is "BATTLES AND CAMPAIGNS", then your father was an Officer, a fact you did not provide me in your original question.
       The Ryukyus Campaign was fought March 26-July 2, 1945 upon the island of Okinawa & the nearby islands of The Ryukyus.  
       Good Luck with your quest.

Richard V. Horrell
   WW 2 Connections

Military History

Richard V. Horrell