Military History/413th aaa gun battalion

my father was in this unit  , can tell of unit pictures or rosters, captain ostuss was his commander I remember my father talking about captain ostuss  my father talk about training in the Mojave desert, what I would like to know is what battery, I believe a battery, i am not sure, my fathers name is available if you need it, the 413th was broken up in 1945,any information is greatly appreciated thanks

Dear Sir,
       Thank you for your question.  In it you typed "what I would like to know is what battery".  An excellent source for that FACT would be the unit history of the 413th Anti-Aircraft Artillery Gun Battalion:

Trail of the Killers. The Fighting 413th at Home and Abroad.
by __?__?__
Kassel, Germany        Hessische Post        1945

In your question you typed "I believe a battery".  I agree, your father was assigned [assigned] to "a battery" the question is, which one.  HQ Battery, Battery A, Battery B, Battery C or Battery D.  Have you thought about obtaining the unit records?  The unit records are located at:

US Army Heritage & Education Center
950 Soldiers Drize
 Carlisle   PA   17013

In your question you typed "the 413th was broken up in 1945".  With all due respect, the 413th Anti-Aircraft Artillery Gun Battalion was de-activated at Camp Patrick Henry, Virginia October 27, 1945.
       Good Luck with your quest.

Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections

Military History

Richard V. Horrell

Can answer: World War Two. Specifically, the troop transport ships that took US Military Personnel overseas & returned them to the US, 1941-47. Also, unit history of US Army QM, Signal, MP, Ordnance, Medical, Transportation & Engineer units that served during WW 2. The more obscure units are my specialty. If you have the APO that a Veteran sent letters from or received letters at, I can look up the history of that APO.

A lifelong study of WW 2, including participation as a WW 2 Re-enactor, 1980-2002. Also, interviewing over 400 WW 2 Veterans about their role in WW 2.

AASLH, Middle Tennessee Genealogical Society

Over 800 Profiles that I have written for client's about their loved one's role in WW 2.

BA, History & Political Science (19th & 20th Century European History) Webster University, Webster Groves, MO.

Assisting the National Archives on numerous occasions during the 50th Anniversary Commemoration of WW 2, 1991-95.

Respectfully, I do not disclose the names of the clients I deal with. I have a confidentially agreement with them.