Military History/Collar Device Identification

Unknown Infantry Insignia
Unknown Infantry Insig  
I recently received two (2) collar devices. They both are crossed rifles. Both are clutchback. Both appear to be brass and both appear to be old. Both are 1 1/2"x3/4". One is plain with only crossed rifles. The second is also crossed rifles, but has the letters SJ on top of the rifles and the letter F below the rifles. Can't find any like them on the internet. Any idea would be helpful. Thank You

Dear Bill,
        After checking my sources, both of these are pre-World War II U.S. Army infantry collar devices worn by officers. In regard to the letters SJF, I would ask you to contact Ira Green, Inc. 1114 First Avenue New York, New York 10021. They sell unit insignia as well as collar devices and other authorized devices. I saw the crossed rifles with the letters SJF being sold on E-Bay tonight. You can also check the company's box out that this collar device is attached to that is being sold on E-Bay. May God Bless-Colonel Robert A. Lynn, Florida Guard  

Military History

LTC Robert A. Lynn, Florida Guard

I can answer both specific and general military history questions from ancient times to the present. I also provide references and footnotes where I obtained the answers from.