Military History/German MG42

Good morning, I am attempting to identify the manufacturer of a MG42, 7.62x57. The engraved identifications marks on the exterior of the weapon have been removed but I was able to pull a lot of other part numbers from various sections of the weapon. Are you aware of another method to trace the manufacture of the gun if the outer markings have been removed?

Here are some of the codes to look for and their manufacture
Maget codes
CRA GH(1943)
CRA NC(1944)
CRA NC(1945)

Gustloff Werke codes
dfb FG (1943)
dfb mu (1944)
svq sm (1945)

Mauser Werke codes
ar jt (1943)
ar df (1944)
dd df (1945)

Waffenfabrik Steyr codes
bnz Gz (1943)
bnz pj (1944)
swj PJ (1944)
swj xe (1945)

One of the problems with World War 2 collecting is way to many fakes.  Yugoslavia after World War 2 built thousands of MG42s and people have been buying these on the cheap and then removing identifying marks to sell as if it was a World War 2 weapons.  

I did find a website that might helps but I wish I had more.  

Sorry for the delay and Thank you  

Military History

Paul Sutton

I can answer questions on World War Two weapons, tactics, and strategy. I can answer questions on Weapons systems and their development. I can answer guestions on Space exploration history. I am a World War 2 expert. I study Military Weapons Systems and the usage of those systems.

I work for Saint Petersburg College as a TRS or Technology resources specialist. I read 10 to 15 books a year on World War 2 and weapon systems. I also have a BA in History from USF.

I have a BA in history from USF.