Military History/Passenger on SS Mariposa, circa 1946

Question
I Understand my mother, Jean Monroe Cameron (maiden name), Jean Monroe Johnson (Married name) was on the ship Mariposa, that left Brisbane, Queensland, Australia on February 20, 1946.  
 Is it possible to confirm this, by locating the ship's passenger list?
 Thank you for your interest in so many details!  In appreciation, Ken (Johnson)

Answer
Dear Sir,
       Thank you for your question.  In it you typed "I Understand [sic] my mother, Jean.......Australia on February 20, 1946."  The voyage in question is as follows:

Departure Date:   February 20, 1946
Departure Location:   Brisbane, Australia
Troop Ship:   SS Mariposa
Arrival Date:   March 6, 1946
Arrival Location:   San Francisco Port of Embarkation

In your question you typed "Is it possible to confirm this, by locating the ship's passenger list?"  Yes.  I suggest you contact the individuals at:

http://archiver.rootsweb.ancestry.com/th/index/warbrides   

Over the years I have worked with these individuals.  They are passionate about their topic (shared by you) & as obsessed as I am for FACTS!
       In your question you typed "Thank you for your interest in so many details!"  You are quite welcome.  It is a pleasure to meet someone as dedicated to the history of WW 2 as I am.  You are a gentleman, a scholar, & there are NOT many of us left.  LOL

Sincerely,
   Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections  

Military History

Richard V. Horrell