Military History/Ammunition for Cannon with Explosive Projectiles

Question
I found an old military box.  The top has Ammunition for Cannon with Explosive Projectiles on it.  The front side has this 1315 00028 4857, 2-cart ridge, 105mm, w/supple chg  w/o fuze for howitzer,  M2A1, M2A2, M103, M137, Lot LS 85 M125001A..  C445 HE MI  Dualgran Comp B.....  It still has the rope handles & a front latch to close.  Could you tell me anything about this?  thank you!

Answer
Dear Shellena,
         From the information you have provided, it is a box of ammunition for a Vietnam War 105mm howitzer. I worked in 3rd Marine Division Ordnance office and saw many of these boxes that were held in climate controlled ammunition storage areas with other ammunition that was to be used by the 3rd Marine Division. May God Bless-Colonel Robert A. Lynn, Florida Guard  

Military History

LTC Robert A. Lynn, Florida Guard