Military History/I.D.P.F.

Question
This is in reference to Hughes P. Pridmore. Where can I obtain a copy of my Dads I.D.P.F.? I was under the impression that all that info was burned in a fire in St. Louis years ago.

Answer
Dear Ms.,
       Thank you for your follow-up.  In it you typed "This is in reference to.......in St. Louis years ago."  You are correct.  However, the I.D.P.F were never warehoused in St. Louis.  At this time the I.D.P.F. are located at:

Department of the Army
US Army Human Resources Command
 ATTN     AHRC-FOIA
  1600 Spearhead Division Avenue     Dept 107
   Fort Knox    KY    40122-5504

In your letter-of-request, please include the following FACTS just as I have typed them in this follow-up:

Name:   Pridmore, Hughes P.

Rank:   Private, First Class

Serial Number:   34924821

Entered Service From:   Lowndes County, Mississippi

Unit:   Company A, 1st Battalion, 85th Mountain Infantry Regiment, 10th Mountain Division

Date KIA:   April 14, 1945

Also include your mailing address as well as a daytime telephone number, in case the US Army has a question for you.
       A word of advice.  The I.D.P.F. contains the pathology report as per your father being KIA.  Since the content may be a bit gruesome for a loved one to read, I suggest you have a close FRIEND first read the pathology report, to maybe decide for you whether or not that portion of the I.D.P.F. needs to be read by you.
       Good Luck with your quest.

Respectfully,
   Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections  

Military History

Richard V. Horrell