Military History/Who developed POZIT fuse

My dad, Robert L. Henry II (deceased) told me that he worked in a group in the U.S. Army that developed the POZIT proximity fuse for artillery shells.  My dad graduated with an engineering degree from Clemson and they are honoring 'Class of 1939' graduates, on June 12th, and I thought that I might send them information about projects that dad worked on. I want to validate that he worked on the POZIT project.

I have not found any direct connection between you father and the POZIT fuze in my library.  Do you know if he was in the US Army during World War 2?  Research on the proximity fuze started in 1940 under Section T at the Department of Terrestrial Magnetism, the Carnegie Institution. In 1942, Section T was moved to Silver Spring, Maryland and eventually became the Applied Physics Laboratory of the Johns Hopkins University. If he worked for section T then he worked on the POZIT fuze.  I might contact John Hopkins University to see if your father worked for them.  A family member should have accesses to his records.  If he was in the Army try to find out if he served at Aberdeen Proving Ground.  This was one of the major Army research centers for the POZIT shells.

I have included some links they might help

I am sorry for not finding a direct link but I hope this information helps
Thank you

Military History

Paul Sutton

I can answer questions on World War Two weapons, tactics, and strategy. I can answer questions on Weapons systems and their development. I can answer guestions on Space exploration history. I am a World War 2 expert. I study Military Weapons Systems and the usage of those systems.

I work for Saint Petersburg College as a TRS or Technology resources specialist. I read 10 to 15 books a year on World War 2 and weapon systems. I also have a BA in History from USF.

I have a BA in history from USF.