Military History/Identification of US military insignia

Question
Soldier 5
Soldier 5  

Soldier 6
Soldier 6  
We are trying to find out information regarding my husband's father whom we have been led to believe was American.

We have recently discovered some photographs amongst old family papers which we believe are of American servicemen taken at the end of WW2 either in Dunkirk or Southern England.

We have enlarged the pictures to see if it is possible to identify any of the insignia and/or uniforms and have attached copies and should be grateful for any help or advice you can give.

Answer
Hi, I cant tell which unit/divisions they belong to, soldier #5 is a Lieutenant in the US Army Soldier #6 is in an unknown unit, the patch is too blurry to clearly see, but he is dressed in battle fatigues with the rank of Captain. Do you have any other pictures?

Military History

Michael O'Reagan