Military History/panzer piece


Top view
Top view  
Hello Paul,

I'm trying to ID a piece of armor from the turret, or hull, of a German tank. It looks like possibly a turret plug. Do you know and experts that might help me say for sure? Attached is a photo.

Thanks very much!


I have not  been able to positively identify the tank or vehicle this piece came from.  It is similar to a door on the top of some Tiger tanks.  

There is a a place that may have your answer.  The Tank Museum in Dorset England is a fantastic place.  I have included a contact page below.  

I wish I had more information but check out the below website also.

Thank you

Military History

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Paul Sutton


I can answer questions on World War Two weapons, tactics, and strategy. I can answer questions on Weapons systems and their development. I can answer guestions on Space exploration history. I am a World War 2 expert. I study Military Weapons Systems and the usage of those systems.


I work for Saint Petersburg College as a TRS or Technology resources specialist. I read 10 to 15 books a year on World War 2 and weapon systems. I also have a BA in History from USF.

I have a BA in history from USF.

©2017 All rights reserved.