Military History/Honorable Discharge document question

Hello Robert,

First of all, thanks for all of your help on this website, you've been a great help to many  :)

My father fought in WWII with the 20th Armored Division and returned from Europe in August of 1945.In December of that year, he was honorably discharged then reenlisted for one more year on the same document it appears. In box 6 under "organization" it shows "Casual Section 1908 SCU." Could you please let me know what that means? I'm assuming it was some sort of interim unit for those in transition, but not sure.

Dear James,
         SCU refers to Service Command Unit and in your father's case, he is awaiting another assignment, attending a formal school, or in the process of being discharged and separated. In this case, he is awaiting his discharge and separation from active duty. That is why he is in the Casual Section. May God Bless-Colonel Robert A. Lynn, Florida Guard  

Military History

LTC Robert A. Lynn, Florida Guard

I can answer both specific and general military history questions from ancient times to the present. I also provide references and footnotes where I obtained the answers from.