Military History/Location where my father was stationed in WW 2

Dear Sir,

I asked a question of you earlier today, and now realize that I omitted a crucial piece of information.  My father passed away when I was very young, and I have only pieces of his military history from my mother.  His tombstone reads "TEC 3 12th REPL Depot AUS"  I believe in my earlier question, I omitted the number of his replacement depot, being '12'.  I am sorry for this error.  I hope it has not caused too much confusion.  My father enlisted in March, 1942.  Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Dear Ms.,
       Thank you for your question.  In it you typed "What I would like to know is where, exactly, he was stationed during WW2."  The best source for that FACT would be a copy of the four page Discharge Documents (WD AGO Form 53-55) your father was provided when he was discharged from the US Army.  He was provided with 6-10 copies, where are those 6-10 copies?
       In your question you typed "TEC 3".  Technician, 3rd Grade, a part of the Tech Series of Rank utilized by the US Army, 1942-48.  Pay was $96.00 per month.
       In your question you typed "12th REPL Depot".  The 12th Replacement Depot, an E.T.O. (European Theater of Operation) Reception Depot & Enlisted Training Center, was located at Belfast, Northern Ireland (March 21-April 5, 1944), Castledawson, Northern Ireland (April 6-16, 1944) as well as Tidworth, England.  The 12th Replacement Depot served as a reception agency for US Military Forces arriving from the USA.
       In your question you typed "AUS".  A.U.S. = Army of the United States.  The Army of the United States was the military force organized by the USA to serve during WW 2.  It is NOT the R.A. (Regular Army) which has existed since the beginning of our republic, nor the N.G. (National Guard).
       May I ask a question of you?  What was the stone cutter's source for what he places upon your father's "tombstone"?
       In your question you typed "My father enlisted in March, 1942."  What Primary Source Document is the source that your "father enlisted in March, 1942."
       Good Luck with your quest.

Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections

Military History

Richard V. Horrell

Can answer: World War Two. Specifically, the troop transport ships that took US Military Personnel overseas & returned them to the US, 1941-47. Also, unit history of US Army QM, Signal, MP, Ordnance, Medical, Transportation & Engineer units that served during WW 2. The more obscure units are my specialty. If you have the APO that a Veteran sent letters from or received letters at, I can look up the history of that APO.

A lifelong study of WW 2, including participation as a WW 2 Re-enactor, 1980-2002. Also, interviewing over 400 WW 2 Veterans about their role in WW 2.

AASLH, Middle Tennessee Genealogical Society

Over 800 Profiles that I have written for client's about their loved one's role in WW 2.

BA, History & Political Science (19th & 20th Century European History) Webster University, Webster Groves, MO.

Assisting the National Archives on numerous occasions during the 50th Anniversary Commemoration of WW 2, 1991-95.

Respectfully, I do not disclose the names of the clients I deal with. I have a confidentially agreement with them.