Military History/PFC Jack Thornhill

I am interested in any info you could provide concerning my mother's first husband, PFC Jack Thornhill, who was KIA January 19, 1945, on the island of Luzon.  He was in the 169th infantry.  Any details of the battle in which he died would be appreciated.  Many of the names he labeled as "buddies" in photos he sent home are also listed as KIA.  I am interested to know if any of them died with him.  Thanks for any help you can provide.

Dear sir,
       Thank you for your question.  In it you typed "He was in the 169th infantry [sic]".  I am familiar with the 169th Infantry Regiment, Connecticut National Guard, an Organic Element of the 43rd Infantry Division.
       In your question you typed "Any details of the battle in which he died would be appreciated."  Advancing north from Palacpalac, Luzon on January 18, 1945, the 169th Infantry Regiment liberated Bobonan, then attacked toward Sison.  The following morning (January 19, 1945) the 169th Infantry Regiment repelled an enemy counter-attack near Bobonan, then with the support of the 716th Tank Battalion, captured enemy positions to begin the liberation of Sison.
       In your question you typed "Many of the names he.......of them died with him."  For those answers, I suggest you obtain the unit records.  The unit records are located at:

US Army Heritage & Education Center
950 Soldiers Drive
 Carlisle   PA   17013

Have you obtained the Veteran's I.D.P.F. (Individual Deceased Personnel File) which is invaluable toward ACCURATE historic research?
       Good Luck with your quest.

Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections
     2011 Richard Jones Road
      Apt.      E 26
       Nashville   TN   37215-2837

Military History

Richard V. Horrell

Can answer: World War Two. Specifically, the troop transport ships that took US Military Personnel overseas & returned them to the US, 1941-47. Also, unit history of US Army QM, Signal, MP, Ordnance, Medical, Transportation & Engineer units that served during WW 2. The more obscure units are my specialty. If you have the APO that a Veteran sent letters from or received letters at, I can look up the history of that APO.

A lifelong study of WW 2, including participation as a WW 2 Re-enactor, 1980-2002. Also, interviewing over 400 WW 2 Veterans about their role in WW 2.

AASLH, Middle Tennessee Genealogical Society

Over 800 Profiles that I have written for client's about their loved one's role in WW 2.

BA, History & Political Science (19th & 20th Century European History) Webster University, Webster Groves, MO.

Assisting the National Archives on numerous occasions during the 50th Anniversary Commemoration of WW 2, 1991-95.

Respectfully, I do not disclose the names of the clients I deal with. I have a confidentially agreement with them.