Military History/WW 2

Question
I am looking into Clifton Jarnigan who was in the service from July 5 1944 to February 5 1945 when he was killed. My question is that on his headstone it lists Verchnied Germany as the place that he died. As far as I can tell mo place of with that name exists. Do you know what Verchnied is or is maybe it was a mistake made on the headstone?

Answer
Dear Ms.,
       Thank you for your question.  In it you typed "to February 5 1945 when he was killed" as well as "on his headstone it lists Verchnied Germany as the place that he died".  Respectfully, was "February 5 1945" the date "he was killed" or the date "that he died"?
       Would you be so kind as to provide me the unit that is carved onto the Veteran's headstone?
       Would you be so kind as to share with me the County & State the Veteran entered the US Military from?
       Have you obtained the Veteran's I.D.P.F. (Individual Deceased Personnel File)?
       I will eagerly await your response.

Sincerely,
   Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections

Military History

Richard V. Horrell