Military History/460th AAA bty D

Question
QUESTION: My brother was in this unit.  He would not talk about it. gave him nightmares for days .  I here there is a paper telling where  they went  and what action they were involved in . they landed the 2ed day as ship got in mine field and had to be pulled out backwards. were at St Lo. was at the hinge of the battle of the Bludge at Bastone.
  Is there anyone of that unit still living  ?
 Thanks.
Cal jensema Oostburg wis

ANSWER: Dear Calvin,
         The 460th AAA Automatic Weapons Battalion (Mobile) was formed on 1 September 1942 at Camp Hulen, Texas from the Coastal Artillery Battalion AA-AW. It departed from New York City on 21 February 1944 and arrived in England on 28 February 1944. Arrived in the European Theater of Operations (ETO) France on 12 June 1944. The 460th was re-designated from Coastal Artillery on 15 May 1943. It is credited with the following campaigns: Ardennes-Alsace, Central Europe, Normandy, Northern France, and the Rhineland. Its August, 1945 location was Miesbach, Germany and this unit was inactivated on 30 April 1946 in France. May God Bless-Colonel Robert A. Lynn, Florida Guard  

QUESTION: There was or is a paper put out on their movements . Where can I find it ?

ANSWER: Dear Calvin,
         You can go to the following site:

www.eisenhower.archives.gov

The 460th AAA Battalion papers is in Box 299.

May God Bless-Colonel Robert A. Lynn, Florida Guard

QUESTION: can't  find box 299 on that site

Answer
Dear Calvin,
         You can go to www.nara.gov or the National Archives and Record Administration and follow the instructions in relation to your request for the 460th AAA Battalion's papers. Give them all the information in regard to what you are trying to look for. May God Bless-Colonel Robert A. Lynn, Florida Guard

Military History

LTC Robert A. Lynn, Florida Guard