Military History/G Company, 311th

Question
Hi Keith,

I just saw your 2010 post concerning G Company of the 311th Regiment in WWII.  My grandfather was in G Company, Lester (Les) Lundahl.  You haven't by chance seen his name mentioned anywheres, have you?

Cheers,

Dave

Answer
Dave:

No I haven't, but I wasn't looking either.  Do you know when he was with the 311th?  What was his occupational specialty?

The 311th was involved heavily in the Hurtgen Forest campaign and was assigned to the 80th division for a while to help out with the Roer Dam fighting.

There have been a lot of books on the Hurtgen Forest campaigns and he might be mentioned in one of those.

Keith

Military History

Keith H. Patton