Military History/WWII - Half Track machine gun

Half Track 1945
Half Track 1945  
Hello Paul,

I was wondering if you could help me identify the model/caliber of the Machine Gun that is mounted on this Half Track please. Sorry, not the best photo.

The machine gun in the picture is a Browning M1917A1 .30 Caliber machine gun with a water cooling jacket.  The model 1919 was a similar version of this gun without the water jacket.  This weapon used the .30-06 Springfield ammuntion.

I hope this helps and enjoy the links.

Thank you

Military History

Paul Sutton

I can answer questions on World War Two weapons, tactics, and strategy. I can answer questions on Weapons systems and their development. I can answer guestions on Space exploration history. I am a World War 2 expert. I study Military Weapons Systems and the usage of those systems.

I work for Saint Petersburg College as a TRS or Technology resources specialist. I read 10 to 15 books a year on World War 2 and weapon systems. I also have a BA in History from USF.

I have a BA in history from USF.