Military History/WWII Military Police

My uncle was in 279th Military Police.  That's all he remembers as he lost his papers.  They occupied Italy at the end of the war. They trained at Camp Gordon, Georgia, Camp Pickette (spelling) VA. Is there a possibility you can come up with some additional info.  I'm trying to put his info together for him before he goes the way of many of our WWII vets. You said you specialize in the difficult.  Good luck with this one.

Thanks for any help.

Good Day,
       Thank you for your question.  In it you typed "279th Military Police".  Regrettably, I could find no unit with the numerical designation "279th Military Police" activated by the US Army during WW 2.  Would you be so kind as to share with me the Primary Source Document(s) that indicates your uncle was assigned [assigned] to the "279th Military Police" prior to May 8, 1945?
       In your question you typed "You said you specialize in the difficult."  To paraphrase, yes, I typed that.  But if the unit was never activated, it is a moot point.
       Good Luck with your quest.

Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections
     2011 Richard Jones Road
      Apt.      E 26
       Nashville   TN   37215-2837

Military History

Richard V. Horrell

Can answer: World War Two. Specifically, the troop transport ships that took US Military Personnel overseas & returned them to the US, 1941-47. Also, unit history of US Army QM, Signal, MP, Ordnance, Medical, Transportation & Engineer units that served during WW 2. The more obscure units are my specialty. If you have the APO that a Veteran sent letters from or received letters at, I can look up the history of that APO.

A lifelong study of WW 2, including participation as a WW 2 Re-enactor, 1980-2002. Also, interviewing over 400 WW 2 Veterans about their role in WW 2.

AASLH, Middle Tennessee Genealogical Society

Over 800 Profiles that I have written for client's about their loved one's role in WW 2.

BA, History & Political Science (19th & 20th Century European History) Webster University, Webster Groves, MO.

Assisting the National Archives on numerous occasions during the 50th Anniversary Commemoration of WW 2, 1991-95.

Respectfully, I do not disclose the names of the clients I deal with. I have a confidentially agreement with them.