Military History/WWII Military Police

Question
My uncle was in 279th Military Police.  That's all he remembers as he lost his papers.  They occupied Italy at the end of the war. They trained at Camp Gordon, Georgia, Camp Pickette (spelling) VA. Is there a possibility you can come up with some additional info.  I'm trying to put his info together for him before he goes the way of many of our WWII vets. You said you specialize in the difficult.  Good luck with this one.

Thanks for any help.

Gerry

Answer
Good Day,
       Thank you for your question.  In it you typed "279th Military Police".  Regrettably, I could find no unit with the numerical designation "279th Military Police" activated by the US Army during WW 2.  Would you be so kind as to share with me the Primary Source Document(s) that indicates your uncle was assigned [assigned] to the "279th Military Police" prior to May 8, 1945?
       In your question you typed "You said you specialize in the difficult."  To paraphrase, yes, I typed that.  But if the unit was never activated, it is a moot point.
       Good Luck with your quest.

Respectfully,
   Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections
     2011 Richard Jones Road
      Apt.      E 26
       Nashville   TN   37215-2837

Military History

Richard V. Horrell