Military History/106th "Z" Battery Anti-Aircraft 1940-45

Question
I am currently trying to research my Grandfather's locations during this time (1940-45), I have seen the you have answered another question regarding 106th Anti-Aircraft.
His name was Hugh Smy, he was in 106th "Z" Battery Anti-Aircraft from July 1940 until June 1945, but I am looking to try and pin-point the locations he was stationed during this time within this regiment.
Would you have any information regarding the above?

Answer
Dear Sir,
       Thank you for your question.  In it you typed "I am currently trying to.......regarding 106th Anti-Aircraft."  Just so I am sure, the unit that you have an interest in is the 106th AAA Auto-Weapons Battalion, Kentucky National Guard.  PLEASE confirm that.
       In your question you typed "he was in 106th "Z" Battery Anti-Aircraft".  My knowledge is only of HQ & HQ Battery, Battery A, Battery B & Battery C.  Would you be so kind as to provide me your source that "Z" Battery" 106th AAA Auto-Weapons Battalion, Kentucky National Guard served in the ETO prior to May 8, 1945?
       In your question you typed "during this time within this regiment."  The 106th was a Battalion, not a "regiment".
       In your question you typed "Would you have any information regarding the above?"  No, not one FACT about "Z" Battery".
       Good Luck with your quest.

Respectfully,
   Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections

Military History

Richard V. Horrell