Military History/Imperial Germany bayonet

Question
bayonet
bayonet  
This bayonet has a 2 piece handle and is long and slim. I've found some history on this type of bayonet but I'd like to have more specifics on this particular piece. Can you help? I've included an image.

Answer
Hi you have a model 1898 German “Seitengewehr” bayonet, made with or without a sawback.From your diagrm it was made by Weyersberg Kirschenbam & Solingen (WKC) the hallmarks (proofs or cyphers) indicate the section, province of Germany that the bayonet belonged and the inspection marks of said province,(W is Kaiser Wilhelm) will need a little time to ID the inspection marks and the unit is a rifle infantry regiment and that will take a bit more work but it looks like 74th Rifle Division, 14th Regiment, 221st Battalion.

Military History

Michael O'Reagan