Military History/troop transport in WW 2

My dad served in both Germany and the Philippines in WWII.  He was with the 2867th Engineer Utility Detachment...APO 75.  I can't find any listing of this unit in my research.  Would like to know if you have any sources or evidence of their transport ship or history of this detachment....Dad has told a few stories but cannot remember details now.  He was discharged 19 August 1946.

Dear Ms.,
       Thank you for your question.  In it you typed "My dad served in both Germany and the Philippines in WWII."  I acknowledge what you have typed.
       In your question you typed "He was with the 2867th Engineer Utility Detachment".  The 2867th Engineer Utilities Detachment participated in the Luzon Campaign, December 15, 1944-July 4, 1945.
       In your question you typed "APO 75."  APO 75 was located at Manila, Luzon, Philippine Islands, February 6, 1945-January 3, 1947.
       In your question you typed "I can't find any listing of this unit in my research."  Have you obtained photocopies of the unit records?  The unit records are located at:

US Army Heritage & Education Center
950 Soldiers Drive
 Carlisle   PA   17013

In your question you typed "Would like to know if you have any sources or evidence of their transport ship".  Please provide me with ALL THE DATES typed in Box #36 on page two of your father's Discharge Documents (WD AGO Form 53-55).  With those FACTS from you, I will research to see what FACTS I can obtain for you.
       In your question you typed "history of this detachment".  The source I already typed of, Carlisle, PA.
       With all due respect, I have a question for you.  You typed that your father "served in both Germany and the Philippines in WWII".  So far I can only find FACTS that the 2867th served in the PTO.  Therefore, what unit was your father assigned [assigned] to while in "Germany" prior to May 8, 1945?
       Good Luck with your quest.

Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections
     2011 Richard Jones Road
      Apt.      E 26
       Nashville   TN   37215-2837

Military History

Richard V. Horrell

Can answer: World War Two. Specifically, the troop transport ships that took US Military Personnel overseas & returned them to the US, 1941-47. Also, unit history of US Army QM, Signal, MP, Ordnance, Medical, Transportation & Engineer units that served during WW 2. The more obscure units are my specialty. If you have the APO that a Veteran sent letters from or received letters at, I can look up the history of that APO.

A lifelong study of WW 2, including participation as a WW 2 Re-enactor, 1980-2002. Also, interviewing over 400 WW 2 Veterans about their role in WW 2.

AASLH, Middle Tennessee Genealogical Society

Over 800 Profiles that I have written for client's about their loved one's role in WW 2.

BA, History & Political Science (19th & 20th Century European History) Webster University, Webster Groves, MO.

Assisting the National Archives on numerous occasions during the 50th Anniversary Commemoration of WW 2, 1991-95.

Respectfully, I do not disclose the names of the clients I deal with. I have a confidentially agreement with them.